Patrick Cayouette, LMSW, EMDR trained
“I strive to meet others where they are without judgement and with the willingness to challenge and empower themselves to overcome the struggles of life. I particularly enjoy my work with men, because our culture has a tendency to look down on men, and we have our own unique set of challenges to overcome to be the spouses, sons and fathers that God intended us to be. Men have come to live down to lessening expectations placed on them as well as through their own lack of confidence and fears. My goal is to strive to challenge men, especially fathers, to take on the challenges they face until they discover true manhood and to share that with their children, within their relationships and in supporting each other."
MORE ABOUT PATRICK THAT YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL:
My specialties include:
• Men’s issues including strengthening the roles of the father and husband, concerns about pornography, sexual addictions and depression. Patrick is an excellent life coach as well - helping men and fathers, in particular, work through transitions and strengthen relationships
• Marriage counseling
• Family relationships and their unique challenges
• Older adult support
• Faith-based attitudes
Prior Work Experience:
• Medical Case Manager: CompassionNet
• Medical Social Worker: Lifetime Care
• Intensive Family Therapist: TRI-Group
• Medical Social Worker: Highland Hospital
• Mental Health Social Work Aide: Livingston County Mental Health Service
• Youth Minister/Religion Teacher: St. Anthony Parish, Bunkie, LA
• Master of Social Work, Roberts Wesleyan College
• BS, BA; Franciscan University of Steubenville
Patrick and his wife, Amanda, have a daughter, Gabrielle. Patrick enjoys running and completed his first half-marathon last summer. He is looking forward to entering running events this year alongside Gabrielle who, as he reluctantly admits, is really not that far off from beating her Dad.
Back to "Our Counselors"
Click here to view and print forms for your appointment.Click Here